Thursday, August 02, 2007

Anu's Kitchen


Welcome to Anu's Kitchen. I belong to a Sindhi family, and am married to a Marwari brahmin. My mom-in-law spent a major part of her childhood in Punjab. I live in Mumbai, the capital of Maharashtra. And now, my hubby's sister is married to a Tamil boy. All these factors have influenced my kitchen and my husband has always encouraged me to try something new in the kitchen.
So, I came up with Anu's kitchen.
My first post is Sabudana Khichdi. Do try it out and tell me how you liked it.
Your suggestions are welcome.
Please ask for any Indian recipe and I'll post it for you. If I don't know, I'll research, prepare, take pictures and post the recipe.

Happy Cooking.

2 comments:

  1. I left a message on your new website. It's such a lovely idea and I wish you all the luck in the world with it. We all come from such different cultures but we all eat! And your food is just wonderful - as is your story. Jilly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jilly for the first comment on my first post on Anu's Kitchen. I hope I can come up with interesting recipes for everyone to try out.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Mumbai Virtual Tourists,


Thank you for your valuable views.
Your criticism, appreciation and suggestions are welcome to an amateur photographer who loves her city. MDS is now active as a daily photoblog.