Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend Snapshot: Falooda & Icecream Treat

Click on image to view full size
This Saturday, I and my li'l boy went Diwali shopping. We went to Crawford market area and got great bargains for toys, bedspreads, decorations and lots more.
We then went to 'Badshah Falooda House' and got ourselves this yummy treat a 'Royal Falooda' for me and 'Vanilla Icecream' for Krrish. Falooda is a popular summer drink made by mixing rose syrup( or  other flavours like kesar, mango..) with vermicilli and basil seeds (sabza) served with a topping of icecream.
I have always(since childhood) loved to believe that no one leaves the Crawford market shopping area without having a falooda at Badshah's.  If you go to Badshah's and see the crowd waiting in queue for the table, you too will think like me. The place was so crowded that I couldn't get a good photo of it this time.

2 comments:

  1. That falooda is very interesting. I wonder how it tastes like.

    My WS are posted here and here. Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Mumbai Virtual Tourists,


Thank you for your valuable views.
Your criticism, appreciation and suggestions are welcome to an amateur photographer who loves her city. MDS is now active as a daily photoblog.