Thursday, May 03, 2007

Silhouette


The Late Shri N.K.Soundararajan has clicked this photo of his little daughter in the mid 50's with a Reflekta camera. The Reflekta was new then.
The little girl in the photo is my sister's mother-in-law. We call her Amma. She shared some family photos with us when we went to Chennai recently to be with her, when she lost her younger son, Krishna. I loved this one that her father had named 'Silhouette' and Amma was glad to know that people from all over the world would see the photo on MDS. The photo is old but there's something about it.

Amma has always been proud of her father, who was a man of great wisdom with strong values, and yet modern and open to new thoughts. I had the opportunity to meet the man at my sister's wedding and was greatly influenced by his words
. Amma is a reflection of her father and my sister couldn't have got a better mom-in-law. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. It is a nice photograph. And who would have guessed so many people could see it today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm...

    I remember I touched and seen that photo when I was handling cameras for the first time...

    I remember that I was calling the old man who took this photo as "thatha" (Grand Fa)

    I am calling the little girl in this photo as "amma" (Mother)

    I thank every one effort to bring this photo to the world.

    Love,
    SR

    ReplyDelete

Dear Mumbai Virtual Tourists,


Thank you for your valuable views.
Your criticism, appreciation and suggestions are welcome to an amateur photographer who loves her city. MDS is now active as a daily photoblog.